310 topics posted
How can students access their SHU email from their iPhone or iPad?
Submitted by ID Staff 3 years ago
Submitted by smithket 1 year ago
Submitted by smithket 3 years ago
Submitted by tj.van 1 year ago
1. On the device, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Other
2. Hit option for Add Mail Account
3. You will be prompted to input "Name", "Address", "Password" and "Description". Once this information is filled in hit "Next" button
Name: This will be your full name
Address: This will be your complete email address (i.e., email@example.com)
Password: Current PirateNet password.
Description: Anything you want to describe this email account
4. Under "Incoming Mail Server" heading enter the following:
Host Name: pod51000.outlook.com
User name: This will be your complete email address (same as above)
Password: It is already filled in.
5. Under "Outgoing Mail Server" heading enter the following:
6. Tap Next when you are finished. You will also be asked what will be synced, either Mail or Notes. Please make sure that Mail is set to "ON" and Notes is set to "Off". Then hit Save and you will get an "Adding Account" confirmation.
I have followed these instructions exactly, and it isn't working
After changing your PirateNet password from the default format to your password, and confirming that you are able to read your SHU Student email on a laptop, please try the steps below:
Please see the steps listed below for directions for student email accounts:
1. Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars >
2. Select Add Mail Account, then select Microsoft Exchange
3. Enter the following information -
Domain: [leave this field empty]
Password: Current PirateNet password
Description: SHU Email
4. In the Server field, enter m.outlook.com then select NEXT
5. Specify what you would like to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders), then select SAVE
Still unable to verify account. What excatly do we need to do????
Please refer to the following document that outlines the new settings following the migration to Office 365 for students:
If you are having difficulty verifying your account on your Apple device, please try the following:
1) Switch from using your data plan to Wi-Fi or vice versa and then attempt to re-add the account again.
2) Attempt to power down your device completely, turn it back on and try re-adding the account.
If you are still having issues, please contact the Service Desk at (973) 275-2222.
Copyright © 2014