310 topics posted
When I'm doing my Open Enrollment can I do anything to make the process easier?
Submitted by smithket 2 years ago
While doing the Open Enrollment process IT Services recommends having a split screen setup where in one screen has the online video while the second screen has the actual enrollment form.
To setup the split screen (aka Aero Snap):
First, you'll need to make sure your windows are not "maximized" to fill the screen. To do so for a window that IS maximized, click the "Restore" button near the upper-right corner of the window:
After that, all you need to do is grab the edges of your windows and resize them, and grab the title bar to move them around. You can arrange them any way you like.
If, specifically, you'd like to have two application windows tiled on your screen, so each is occupying half the screen, one on the left and one on the right, here's how you can use the new Windows 7 Aero Snap (Docking) feature to get two of them side by side, left and right:
1. Open the first application.
2. Ensure it is not maximized by pressing the "Restore" button (noted above). It will grow smaller and you'll be able to see the desktop around it.
3. Now move your mouse to the title bar at the top of the window, click the mouse and drag that window to the left edge of the screen. Keep dragging until the mouse reaches the edge of the screen and you'll see the outline of the window jump out to the center of the screen. Let up the mouse button. The application will now be automatically sized to fill only half the screen.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the second application.
5. Drag it, as in step 3, but this time to the RIGHT side of the screen.
Voila, two windows tiled side by side on your screen. Drag them off the edge again and they will return to their original size and shape.
Submitted by smithket 3 years ago
Submitted by ID Staff 3 years ago
Submitted by Kimberly.Mickolajczyk 1 year ago
Copyright © 2014